Come ride with me for a few days or even the whole week! Don’t keep putting off that adventure trip you’ve always wanted to take. Live life to the fullest and ride 700 miles on a bicycle over 8 days with me. I promise you, it will be quite an adventure!
All I ask is that you do your best to fundraise for The Matthew and Andrew Akin Foundation. I’m riding my bicycle from Clinton, OK to St. Louis, MO because my sons don’t have the opportunity to ride their bicycles down the street. The money we raise will go directly towards providing resources for children in the hospital fighting this horrible immune deficiency.
- Leave Clinton, OK early Saturday morning, May 26th.
- Finish in St. Louis, Mo the following Saturday, June 2nd.
- We’ll be riding approximately 700 miles up old Route 66.
- If you wanted to ride for three days, you could leave Clinton, OK with us and fly out of Tulsa on Monday evening, Memorial Day.
- I have the turn by turn directions for the ride as well as recommended unique places for lunch and dinner.
- You would be responsible for your own hotel and meal expenses. The hotels I’ve mapped out typically run around $100 a night. Of course, the opportunity is there to share a room.
- Most of the nights we’ll be staying at either a Holiday Inn Express or a Hampton Inn. Both of which provide a complimentary breakfast and Wifi. On two of the nights, we’ll be staying in historic Route 66 motels.
- We have a party planned in St. Louis at the conclusion of the journey on Saturday afternoon.
The ride will be fully supported with one individual who will be following us in a car the entire trip. He will be available to pick you up at the airport or drop you off. He’ll load the vehicle every morning and depending on the length of the ride that day will be catching up with us to make sure we always have enough water and food. He’ll also be carrying spare tires and tubes should they be needed. Every morning, we’ll be filming a video where I’ll be dedicating that days ride to a child currently in the hospital battling HLH. We’ll then use Social Media to make the video viral. Hopefully, we’ll also have some media opportunities along the way.
Come be part of the adventure! If interested, just send an email to email@example.com.